LOCATION: Jenkintown, PA, United States 19046
Direct Support Professional DSP – Jenkintown (RF: 1758)
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) for full-time positions working in the Jenkintown, PA area. DSP will be responsible for providing support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a group home setting. There are several shifts available including weekdays, weekends, and nights. Eligible candidates must have a HS Diploma, up-to-date clearances, and a negative covid test prior to starting (if you’re not vaccinated),
- A High School Diploma
- Up-to-date clearances
- PA Criminal Background Check
- Physical and PPD test
- Negative Covid test, prior to starting, if not vaccinated
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and compassionately with elderly and disabled participants, their family and/or professional care provider(s), and the variety of individuals visiting the center for professional, volunteer, or treatment purposes.
- Provide therapeutic services within a residential day treatment setting for children/adolescents
- Plan and supervise program activities of daily living
- Ensure client safety and well being
- Facilitate client education
- Assist Activities Director with field trips (planning, accompanying, and driving)
- Assist participants with Activities of Daily Living (toileting, ambulation, transfers, feeding, changing clothes, showers).
- Assist participants in boarding and exiting vans.
- Observe participants for change in condition and report to the Health Director.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Center’s neat, clean, and safe environment.
- Attend and meaningfully contribute to regular Center Staff meetings and activity staff meetings.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Depending on the center, provide transportation for participants to and from the facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1758