LOCATION: Bridgeville, PA, United States
Direct Support Professional DSP
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals for part-time positions working with adults in group homes in the Bridgeville, PA area. Direct Support Professionals will be responsible for ensuring the safety and health of consumers through supervision and providing assistance with activities of daily living.
- Department of Developmental Services (DDS) Medication Administration Certification, preferred.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have valid PA Driver’s License.
- Maintain proficiency in First Aid, CPR, PMT, Abuse/Neglect and other resident’s specific medical and habilitative needs.
- Must be physically able to assist participants when necessary (i.e. lifting, using approved adaptive equipment, using approved physical restraint techniques).
- Supports the consumers while in the home or community as needed. (May include but is not limited to cooking, cleaning, laundry, assisting with personal hygiene, working on goals, taking clients on medical appointments, taking them to and from their Day Program, taking them out in their communities on outings, etc..)
- Participates as an active member of a person-centered team that identifies and provides training and support services to each individual living in the group home.
- Implements team plans for consumers in areas of training in daily living skills, community integration, recreation and socialization.
- Informs manager, Nurse and Behaviorist when significant behavioral or medical changes occur in consumers.
- Completes all required documentation including, but not limited to, Consumer Monthly Reports, and Behavioral Tracking forms.
- Enters data on daily basis into electronic records.
- Participates in team, agency staff meetings and required in service training sessions.
- Remains on duty until sufficient staff coverage arrives. In an emergency, remains until the safety of all consumers is ensured.
- Provides safe transportation for consumers and operates agency vehicles as outlined in the Vehicle Safety and Operations Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1023