LOCATION: Bernards, NJ, United States 07920
Direct Support Professional DSP – Basking Ridge (RF: 2379)
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) for both part-time and full-time positions working in a special hospital setting in the Basking Ridge, NJ area. There are also locations in Franklin Township and Newton, NJ. Eligible candidates must have High School Diploma or GED and at least one year of experience working with persons with developmental disabilities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of experience working with persons with developmental disabilities.
- Have have clear background checks
- Must have COVID vaccine + booster
- Provides personal care tasks to an assigned client or group, which meets their hygiene, safety, comfort, nutritional, elimination, activity and social needs.
- Ensures clients are dressed properly and are clean and dry at all times
- Respects the client’s rights, concerns, privacy and dignity at all times.
- Checks the clients for reddened areas and signs of skin breakdown, and reports findings to the nurse immediately.
- Notifies the nurse when a client complains about or exhibits sings of pain or injury.
- Maintains cleanliness of clients’ wheelchairs.
- Maintains cleanliness of program spaces and client changing rooms. High touch surfaces will be cleaned/disinfected per facilities guidelines.
- Works with a partner to complete duties in accordance with facility policies.
- Participates in and contributes to departmental and interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Participates and assists clients in day program classes and activities.
- Transports clients to and from day program classes and activities.
- Accompanies clients to/from program on vehicle transport.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow directions, both oral and written, and works cooperatively with other staff members.
- Ensures that all documentation requirements are completed during the work shift.
- Establishes and maintains positive interpersonal relationships with clients, family members and other staff members.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 2379