LOCATION: Allentown, PA, United States 18103
Direct Support Professional DSP – Allentown
We are currently seeking a Direct Support Professional (DSP) for a full-time position working with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a day program in the Allentown, PA area. DSP will be responsible for assisting participants with activities of daily living (ADL) and helping them work towards independence. DSPs are needed Monday through Friday from 8:00 am-3:30 pm. Eligible candidates must have a HS Diploma, a PA Criminal Background Check, a PA Child Abuse Clearance, Dept. of Human Services FBI Fingerprints, and Mandated Reporter training.
- Must have a High School Diploma
- Up-to-date clearances
- FBI Fingerprints from DHS, PA Criminal Background, PA Child Abuse
- Mandated Reporter training
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and compassionately with disabled participants, their family and/or professional care provider(s), and the variety of individuals visiting the center for professional, volunteer, or treatment purposes.
- Assist participants with Activities of Daily Living (toileting, ambulation, transfers, feeding, changing clothes, showers).
- Plan and conduct group and individual activities.
- Provide input and support to the Activities Director.
- Assist Activities Director with field trips (planning, accompanying, and driving)
- Assist participants in boarding and exiting vans.
- Observe participants for change in condition and report to the Health Director.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Center’s neat, clean, and safe environment.
- Attend and meaningfully contribute to regular Center Staff meetings and activity staff meetings.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Depending on the center, provide transportation for participants to and from the facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1743