LOCATION: Reading, PA, United States
Direct Support Professional DSP – 2nd or 3rd Shift
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals (DSP) for full-time positions (second or third shift) working in the Reading, PA area. DSP will be responsible for providing support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in community settings. Eligible candidates must have a High School Diploma or GED, PA Drivers License, and up-to-date clearances. Those with experience working with the IDD population are preferred.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Current CPR and first aid training.
- Current driver’s license, if required to drive facility vehicles.
- experience working with the IDD population, preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally and compassionately with elderly and disabled participants, their family and/or professional care provider(s), and the variety of individuals visiting the center for professional, volunteer, or treatment purposes.
- Plan and conduct group and individual activities.
- Provide input and support to the Activities Director.
- Assist with the preparation and serving of snacks.
- Assist with the preparation and serving of lunch.
- Assist Activities Director with field trips (planning, accompanying, and driving)
- Assist participants with Activities of Daily Living (toileting, ambulation, transfers, feeding, changing clothes, showers).
- Assist participants boarding and exiting vans.
- Observe participants for change in condition and report to the Health Director.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Center’s neat, clean, and safe environment.
- Attend and meaningfully contribute to regular Center Staff meetings and activity staff meetings.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Depending on the center, provide transportation for participants to and from the facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.