LOCATION: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Direct Support Professional (DSP) – Bala-Cynwyd
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to work with adults with IDDs in the Bala-Cynwyd, PA area. DSP will be responsible for assisting consumers with activities of daily living (ADL) and conducting group and individual activities. Eligible candidates must have a High School diploma or GED. Candidates with 1-2 years experience in Human Services preferred. Candidates with experience with consumers that are deaf/hard of hearing or experience with ASL are also preferred.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years experience in Human Services preferred
- Experience with consumers that are deaf/hard of hearing preferred
- Experience with ASL preferred
- Up-to-date clearances
- Current CPR and first aid training.
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and compassionately with elderly and disabled participants, their family and/or professional care provider(s), and the variety of individuals visiting the center for professional, volunteer, or treatment purposes.
- Provide supervision, guidance, instruction, and/or skill-building to assigned individuals served within a specific program site regarding daily living activities, safety, and interaction with others.
- Provide active treatment at all times and adhere to standards, procedures, and schedules
- Exercises sound judgment and good decision-making appropriate to the assignment.
- Assist and train consumers in all aspects of self-care in order to ensure the maximal level of independence for that individual
- These areas will include all aspects of personal hygiene, shopping, cooking, meal serving, budgeting, laundry, and housekeeping.
- Ensure a safe and clean living environment for residents.
- Intervene in crisis situations.
- Encourage individuals in the constructive use of leisure time.
- Attend scheduled staff team meetings.
- Observe and make written entries in the logbook as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1634