LOCATION: Luzerne County, PA, USA
Direct Support Professional – All Shifts Available – Luzerne County
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) for full-time or part-time positions working with adults in a group home in the Luzerne County, PA area. All shifts are available (1st,2nd, and 3rd), weekdays and weekends. Eligible candidates must have a HS Diploma, a recent PA Background Check, a valid drivers license, and must be 18 or older. This is a temp-to-perm opportunity that offers paid orientation and med training.
- High School Diploma
- Recent PA Background check
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with the consumers with whom they are working
- Participates as an active member of a person-centered team that identifies and provides training and support services to each individual living in the group home.
- Implements team plans for consumers in areas of training in daily living skills, community integration, recreation and socialization.
- Informs manager, Nurse and Behaviorist when significant behavioral or medical changes occur in consumers.
- Supports the consumers while in the home or community as needed. (May include but is not limited to lifting, transferring, toileting, feeding, bathing, and dressing.)
- May help gather information and assist in the development of the Individual Habilitation Plan.(IHP). May sit in on the IHP review. Participates in implementation of the IHP/IPP and completes the Daily Training Record for assigned client. Submits the completed Monthly Consumer Report to Residential Manager the last day of each month.
- Carries out scheduled staff assignments and assists consumers in completing individually scheduled chores to insure effective home management including, but not limited to, meal preparation, laundry, cleaning, group home purchases, upkeep of outside grounds, etc. Performs minor repairs as appropriate and informs Residential Manager of needed maintenance.
- Completes all required documentation including, but not limited to, Consumer Monthly Reports, and Behavioral Tracking forms.
- Enters data on daily basis into electronic records.
- After completing DDD Medication Training, will administer medications in accordance with
- Participates in team, agency staff meetings and required in service training sessions, including DDD Pre-Service Trainings. Completes online training classes as assigned.
- Reviews all logs at the beginning of each shift and initials and dates each log indicating they were reviewed them. Utilize logs for communicating events that occurred on shift.
- Conducts scheduled fire drills and advises Manager of any fire extinguishers needing service or smoke detectors that do not work.
- Remains on duty until sufficient staff coverage arrives. In an emergency, remains until the safety of all consumers is ensured.
- Complies with agency procedures in the supervision of consumers and management of the group home.
- Successfully completes and demonstrates proficiency in all areas of required training.
- Acknowledges the employee’s name will be checked against the Central Registry of Offenders Against Individuals with Developmental Disabilities.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1366