LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Cyber Special Education Teacher
We are currently seeking certified Special Education Teachers for full-time, virtual positions working with K-12 students in Pennsylvania. Special Education Teachers will be expected to physically come into the Philadelphia, PA office daily for the first part of the year, but will later be eligible to work from home. Eligible candidates must have Special Education K-12, PK-8, or 7-12 certification, preferably with a focus in math or science.
- Must be a licensed/certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Special Education K-12, PK-8, or 7-12, math or science content areas
- Must have IL LBS1 PK-21.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Facilitating student access to curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Develop individualized and/or group instruction to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Provide transitional support in inclusive/integrated learning environments as an aide to designated students.
- Assist in development of and provide continued support in students’ Individual Education Programs (IEP’s).
- Reevaluate IEP’s when necessary.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Willing to accept responsibilities beyond regular classroom duties.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.