LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
We are currently seeking a Paraprofessional/Personal Care Assistant (PCA) for a part-time caseload working one on one with cyber school students in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Eligible candidates must have a high school diploma and up-to-date clearances. Both virtual and face to face cases are available with potential to combine cases to create a more full-time schedule.
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First-Aid.
- Previous experience working with students who have special needs, preferred.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Participate in the implementation of each student’s educational program as outlined in their IEPs and according to the schedule and routine of the classroom program.
- Follow the behavior support plans as provided by the teacher or behavior support staff.
- Supervise and support students during activities.
- Document information regarding the students, including needs, strengths, gains, and problems.
- Act as a liaison in communicating with teachers and other intermediate unit or district staff about the ongoing needs of individual students.
- Provide advice and possible solutions to parents and support staff concerning school-related issues.
- Provide support to students attending inclusive regular education classes, assisting with modifications as directed by the teachers.
- Participate in meetings to develop and update IEPs and Evaluation Reports, as requested.
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.