LOCATION: San Tan Valley, AZ, United States
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant COTA
We are seeking a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) for a part-time (about 20 hours/week) position working with K-12 students in the San Tan Valley, AZ area. Candidates must be a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant in the state of Arizona.
- Must be a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) in the state of Arizona.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, participates in the assessment of fine motor, perceptual motor, sensorimotor, and oral motor function.
- Confers with the Occupational Therapist and assists with the development of Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) goals and objectives as determined by the OT assessment on assigned students.
- Utilizes the team approach in working with therapies, teachers, parents, aides, and attendants to provide consultative and/or direct assistance to enhance the student’s participation in Education.
- To provide accurate records for Medicate in The Public Schools (MIPS) on a monthly basis.
- Under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, provides follow-through and reinforcement of educational goals and objectives as they relate to functional perceptual motor, sensorimotor, and/or self-care skills.
- Works in conjunction with the staff in providing consultative and/or direct assistance to enhance the student’s participation in Education.
- Manages time, organizes materials, and communicates with IEP team to effectively assist with the case management of assigned children and youth.
- Participates in professional enrichment activities to maintain a high standard of service.
- Engages in public awareness activities to assist consumers in understanding the services and outcomes of the Occupational Therapy profession in the educational setting.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1128