LOCATION: Ewing Township, NJ, United States
Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
We are seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) for a full-time or part-time position working in a long-term care facility in the Ewing Township, NJ area. First, second, and third shift positions are available. Weekends are mandatory, at least every other week.
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in the state of New Jersey.
- Successful completion of a state-approved CNA Program.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working in a Long Term Care Facility preferred.
- Must have excellent references.
- Bathe and dress patients.
- Serve meals and help patients eat.
- Take vital signs.
- Turn or re-position patients who are bedridden.
- Collect information about conditions and treatment plans from caregivers, nurses and doctors.
- Provide and empty bedpans.
- Lift patients into beds, wheelchairs, exam tables, etc.
- Answer patient calls.
- Examine patients for bruises, blood in urine or other injuries/wounds.
- Clean and sanitize patient areas.
- Change bed sheets and restock rooms with necessary supplies.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Ensure that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individual’s needs and rights.
- Serve the needs of patients in a safe and comfortable manner, under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Assist licensed nurses with the admissions, admission assessments, and discharges, of patients, as well as the and transfer and care for patients’ personal belongings.
- Help patients practice the six basic Activities of Daily Living (ADLs).
- Coordinate scheduling for patients’ Speech/Language Pathology services, Occupational Therapy services, and Physical Therapy services.
- Measure and record weights, blood pressures, temperatures, pulse/respiration, as well as provide state-regulated skin treatments.
- Under supervision of licensed nurse, assist patients with the application of clean dressings, slings, stockings, and support bandages.
- Provide direct care to more acutely ill residents.
- Receive and escort visitors.
- Collect charts, records and reports.
- Perform all duties in accordance with established methods, techniques, and recognized standards.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.