LOCATION: Atlantic City, NJ, United States
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
We are currently seeking Certified Nursing Assistants for both full-time and part-time positions (various shifts available) working with adults in a group home setting in the Atlantic City, NJ area. Eligible candidates must have high school diploma or GED. Those with 1-year experience working with developmentally disabled individuals are preferred.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must be Certified Nursing Assistant
- 1-year experience working with developmentally disabled individuals (Preferred)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to effectively communicate with the consumers with whom they are working
- Ability to effectively complete necessary work-related documentation through paper and computer record systems
- Ability to meet the physical demands of providing personal care
- Participates as an active member of a person-centered team that identifies and provides training and support services to each individual living in the group home.
- Implements team plans for consumers in areas of training in daily living skills, community integration, recreation and socialization.
- When directed, implements Level I behavior modification plans for specific consumers.
- Informs manager, Nurse and Behaviorist when significant behavioral or medical changes occur in consumers.
- Supports the consumers while in the home or community as needed. (May include but is not limited to lifting, transferring, toileting, feeding, bathing, and dressing.)
- May help gather information and assist in the development of the Individual Habilitation Plan (IHP). May sit in on the IHP review. Participates in implementation of the IHP/IPP and completes the Daily Training Record for assigned client. Submits the completed Monthly Consumer Report to Residential Manager the last day of each month.
- Carries out scheduled staff assignments and assists consumers in completing individually scheduled chores to insure effective home management including, but not limited to, meal preparation, laundry, cleaning, group home purchases, upkeep of outside grounds, etc. Performs minor repairs as appropriate and informs Residential Manager of needed maintenance.
- Completes all required documentation including, but not limited to, Consumer Monthly Reports, and Behavioral Tracking forms.
- Enters data on daily basis into electronic records.
- Participates in team, agency staff meetings and required in service training sessions, including DDD Pre-Service Trainings. Completes online training classes as assigned.
- Reviews all logs at the beginning of each shift and initials and dates each log indicating they were reviewed them. Utilize logs for communicating events that occurred on shift.
- Conducts scheduled fire drills and advises Manager of any fire extinguishers needing service or smoke detectors that do not work.
- Remains on duty until sufficient staff coverage arrives. In an emergency, remains until the safety of all consumers is ensured.
- Complies with agency procedures in the supervision of consumers and management of the group home.
- Provides safe transportation for consumers and operates agency vehicles as outlined in the Vehicle Safety and Operations Handbook.
- Successfully completes and demonstrates proficiency in all areas of required training.
- Acknowledges the employee’s name will be checked against the Central Registry of Offenders Against Individuals with Developmental Disabilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.