LOCATION: Red Bank, NJ, United States
Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
We are currently seeking Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) for full-time positions (either first or second shift) working with adults in an assisted living community in the Red Bank, NJ area. CNA will work alongside fellow caregivers to provide high quality patient care.
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in the state of New Jersey.
- Must have an up-to-date Background Check
- Must have valid Driver’s License
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Provide patient care under direction of nursing staff.
- Administer prescribed medications to patients.
- Sterilize and prepare medical tools and equipment.
- Assist in the transport of patients.
- Provide companionship and basic care to patients.
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Ensure that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individual’s needs and rights.
- Serve the needs of patients in a safe and comfortable manner, under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Assist licensed nurses with the admissions, admission assessments, and discharges, of patients, as well as the and transfer and care for patients’ personal belongings.
- Help patients practice the six basic Activities of Daily Living (ADLs).
- Measure and record weights, blood pressures, temperatures, pulse/respiration, as well as provide state-regulated skin treatments.
- Under supervision of licensed nurse, assist patients with the application of clean dressings, slings, stockings, and support bandages.
- Provide direct care to more acutely ill residents.
- Receive and escort visitors.
- Collect charts, records and reports.
- Perform all duties in accordance with established methods, techniques, and recognized standards.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.