LOCATION: South Orange, NJ, United States 07079
Case Manager – South Orange (RF: 2911)
We are seeking a Case Manager for a full-time position working in a day program in the South Orange, NJ area. Case managers will meet with their clients (adults with intellectual disabilities) regularly to monitor their well-being, address their questions or concerns, and connect them with resources. Eligible candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and must complete a background check upon hire.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Social work, counseling, etc.)
- Successful clearance of NJ background check
- Previous experience is preferred, but not required
- Establishes a collaborative relationship with involved family members or significant others in order to advance identified goals
- Maintains and expands skills and knowledge relevant to providing high-quality support and services
- Communicates and proactively interfaces with all staff and with the client’s major external contacts (e.g., family members, employers, other agencies)
- Reports and/or documents, in a concise, understandable, and legible manner in the electronic health record (EHR)
- Works with client and family to maximize the client’s resources
- Assumes responsibility for arranging client transportation to attend vital appointments
- Maintains an annual calendar of important medical events that may include such items as annual physicals, vision/auditory exams, and medication monitoring. Consult with various medical or psychiatric providers as necessary.
- Actively participates in department meetings, supervision meetings, and case conferences
- Collaborates with the assigned Daily Living Skills (DLS) counselor
- Other duties as assigned
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2911