LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States
SPED Certified Service Coordinator
We are seeking an experienced and SPED Certified Service Coordinator for a full-time position working in a school in the Philadelphia, PA, area. The Case Manager is to act primarily as a liaison between service providers and students’ families. Candidates should have two (2) years experience working in the field of Early Intervention, and one (1) year of experience as a Service Coordinator or Case Manager. Eligible candidates MUST have a valid PA Special Education Certification.
- MUST HAVE PA SPECIAL EDUCATION CERTIFICATION
- Must have (at minimum) a Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education (preferred) or Early Childhood Education
- Must have experience with IEP’s and IEP Meetings. (Preference given to those with experience leading IEP Meetings.)
- Two (2) years experience working in the field of Early Intervention
- One (1) year of experience as a Service Coordinator or Case Manager
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Ensure that eligible young children receive the rights and protections to which they are entitled in accordance with Act 212 of 1990; ensure compliance with Early Intervention timelines
- Coordinate Multi–disciplinary Evaluations (MDE) and facilitate Individual Educational Plan (IEP) meetings in accordance with state and federal guidelines
- Serve as the Local Educational Agency (LEA) representative at IEP Meetings; serve a dual role Service Coordinator and LEA, if necessary
- Consult with providers to ensure appropriate progress monitoring, and IEP reviews as needed
- Maintain a working knowledge of Preschool Early Intervention regulations, including but not limited to Procedural Safeguards, Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE),
- Coordinate referrals to residential services.
- Creation of a crisis response plan for the family and providers.
- Ensuring family visitation, including appropriate follow-up.
- Provision of monthly summaries of services to families.
- Coordination of referrals with community providers prior to discharge.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.