LOCATION: King of Prussia, PA, United States
Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant (On-Site)
Does this sound like you?
You are compassionate, intelligent, unconventional, and good-humored. You are a self-described Type-A, who is highly organized and detail-oriented, trustworthy, and reliable. You frequently take the initiative with your work. You are positive-thinking, progressive, and personable.
You enjoy crunching numbers, generating reports and forecasts, and keeping a company on track. You have an accounting degree, experience, and you’re looking for rewarding work in an office with other smart individuals. You are looking for 30-40 hours per week, in a flexible working environment.
Here’s what we’ve got in store for you.
We are a rapidly growing national company looking for a motivated Accounting Professional. As our Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant, you will find yourself in a role that is key to the day-to-day and long-term success of our company. You will be supported by a financially-trained COO and a financially-minded CFO/CEO. Your responsibilities will fall into three main categories: ensuring the accuracy of the transactions recorded to QuickBooks and sub-ledgers; managing the payroll and benefits for staff and payment to contractors; and ensuring that the company is in compliance with all local, state, federal, and financial standards. Here’s a more specific breakdown:
- Operate accounting software to record, store, and analyze transactional data.
- Review or perform all cash, billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll postings.
- Prepare regular balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Analyze, reconcile, or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for general and payroll accounts.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly; work with customers to reconcile accounts, if necessary.
- Perform all monthly general ledger pre- close procedures for external financial preparation.
- Preparation and/or review and communication of cash reporting, monthly financial reports, and A/R status.
Payroll and Benefits:
- Prepare payroll for in-house personnel.
- Managing the payments to 1099 contractors.
- Review the accuracy of related payroll and 1099 vendor postings to G/L.
- Educate and administer employee benefits, including the management of external relationships.
- Manage the annual renewals and/or audits of benefit plans and general insurance policies.
- Ensure that company records are maintained accurately, timely, and in accordance with all required standards.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies, procedures, and cross-training.
- Maintain a system of controls and reporting over accounting transactions.
- Manage outsourced functions.
- Maintain all federal and state guidelines for employee benefits.
And here’s what you’ll need to make the cut.
- Bachelors degree in accounting
- 5-7 years of progressive accounting experience
- Expertise in QuickBooks Pro Desktop or other small business accounting software.
- Experience in payroll processing.
- Experience in the education and/or staffing industry is a huge plus.
- Impressive Excel skills (VLookup’s, Pivot Tables)
- Highly dependable and accountable; practices honesty and integrity.
- A sharp mind attuned to critical thinking; a drive to constantly learn and grow.
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful at working collaboratively.
- Interested in working on-site.
- An interest in being part of a growing company.
Please send salary requirements with your resume/application.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org