LOCATION: Hatboro, PA, United States19040
Behavioral Specialist Consultant BSC
We are currently seeking a certified Behavioral Specialist Consultant (BSC) for a part-time (potential to combine multiple cases to create a full-time schedule) position working with various students in the Hatboro/Horsham, PA area. Eligible candidates must be licensed BSCs in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must be a licensed BSC in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must have a Master’s degree (at minimum) in Psychology, Social Work, or a related field.
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Training and background in ABA principles
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive skills in behavioral assessment and positive behavior support plan development
- Experience working with children with autism, emotional/behavioral disorders, and/or intellectual disabilities
- Collaborate with other members of the resiliency team in order to design and direct the implementation of an individualized behavioral therapeutic plan to be implemented in the child’s natural setting/s.
- Observe child in the home/school/community setting as part of the initial assessment in preparation for designing the intervention plan & ensure clinical interventions are properly formulated
- Design data collection tools to be used by therapeutic support staff, family, teachers, the child and/or other designated community members in order to accurately assess effectiveness of established therapeutic interventions.
- Develop resiliency plan and instruct other members of the therapeutic team (including teacher, teacher’s aides, other school personnel, family, TSS, and/or other designated individuals providing direct service or supports to the child) in their roles and responsibilities in implementing the established interventions.
- Complete and submit accurate and timely documentation (resiliency plans, encounter forms, progress notes, addenda, continuous support plans, FBAs, initial assessments, incident reports, ITM summaries etc.) by assigned deadlines.
- Write and monitor behavioral treatment plan for children diagnosed with behavioral and mental health disorders. These disorders include, but are not limited to: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Provide assistance in the development of adaptive skills in order for the diagnosed child to take a more positive role in the school, home & community setting
- Train Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS) on appropriate therapeutic interventions
- Conduct functional behavioral assessments and write reports summarizing results
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.