LOCATION: Franklin Township, NJ, United States08873
Behavior Support Director – BCBA
We are seeking a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) for a full-time position working as the Behavior Support Director in residential and vocational settings in the Somerset, NJ area. The hours will vary Monday through Friday with occasional weekend hours. Preferred candidates should have 2 years supervisory experience.
- Must be a certified BCBA in the state of New Jersey.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral, social or health science.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Complete consultations and recommendations for behavioral interventions and development of behavioral support plans that are related to the individuals intellectual or developmental disability and are necessary for the participant to acquire or maintain appropriate adaptive behaviors, interactions with others and behavioral self-management.
- Provide behavioral assessment services including observations, interviews of direct support professionals, functional behavior analysis and assessment, evaluations and completion of written assessment document. Conducts functional behavior assessments.
- Develop and monitor implementation of behavior plans associated programs.
- Provide counseling in an individual or group setting that may include cognitive behavior therapy, systematic desensitization, anger management, biofeedback, and relaxation therapy.
- Make recommendations, create, and train IDT members to utilize data systems for measuring person severed behaviors and progress.
- Oversees implementation of behavior plans and associated programs by direct support professionals.
- Develop behavior support plans, assuring input and approval from all involved parties; and train independent contractors/employees in the proper implementation.
- Participate in the annual planning meeting.
- Promote person-centered, self-determination, choice, and rights as it relates to the creation of the annual service plan.
- Create, train, implement, and monitor ISPs.
- Create, train, implement, and monitor BISSPs.
- Participate in the emergency on-call system, as needed.
- Engage in crisis intervention, as needed.
- Ensure adherence to rules and regulations and agency polices and procedures in provision of services. Conform to all rules and regulations regarding mandatory reporting of mistreatment, abuse, neglect, and exploitation. Assure program records are complete.
- Complete all disciplinary actions of behavior specialist staff.
- Provide thorough, complete and timely orientation to new behavior specialist staff. Provide ongoing coaching and development.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.