LOCATION: Souderton, PA, United States
We are currently seeking Assistant Teachers for part-time positions working with early intervention/school aged students in either Souderton, PA, Pottstown, PA or Stowe, PA. The program starts July 8th, 2019 and ends August 1st, 2019. The right candidate may be asked to return to the position in the Fall. Eligible candidates must have at least a High School Diploma and six months experience working with children, an Associate’s Degree, or at least 48 credits towards a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have at least a High School Diploma and six months experience working with children.
- OR an Associates Degree.
- OR at least 48 credits towards a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have up-to-date PA Clearances.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Facilitating student access to curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Provide children with a safe environment in which they can develop emotionally, physically, intellectually, and socially.
- Strive to promote a positive atmosphere where parents, staff, and children, interact with mutual respect and caring.
- Engage children responsively, demonstrating an understanding of the importance of trust and attachment.
- Assists in the implementation of positive approaches to guide behaviors toward the development of self-regulation and active involvement in learning in the classroom.
- Assist in implementation of individualized planning for children and participate in the daily documentation of children’s development and progress.
- Willing to accept responsibilities beyond regular classroom duties.
- Recognition and respect for diversity in development and learning.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.