LOCATION: Surprise, AZ, United States
Preschool Assistant Teacher/Paraprofessional – Surprise
We are currently seeking an Assistant Teacher/Paraprofessional for a full-time position working with preschool students in the Surprise, AZ area. The Assistant Teacher/Paraprofessional will assist the teacher in providing a well-organized, smoothly functioning class for preschool students in which they can take full advantage of the instructional program. Eligible candidates must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. and up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have up-to-date clearances, AZ Fingerprint Card
- Must have a valid CPR/First Aid
- A recent TB Test
- Experience working with the early childhood population preferred
- Follow a lesson plan, planning activities, and work assignments for small groups and individual students developed by the teacher.
- Consults frequently with the teacher about the needs, suggestions, questions, problems, and progress of the student.
- Moves about the classroom to help students and provide support.
- Assists the teacher in evaluating the progress of students through data collection.
- Responds to new ideas, methods, and suggestions from teachers.
- Demonstrates appropriate interaction with the students in the classroom.
- Assists teachers with classroom management.
- Maintain adequate and legible records concerning his/her student’s work with teacher direction.
- Assists students with activities of daily living, including hygiene and toileting.
- Attends district in-service workshops when release time or pay is given.
- Participate in the Medicaid Reimbursement program which includes maintaining monthly logs on eligible students; attending scheduled training and maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates professional and flexible attitude/rapport with other staff members.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, community members, and vendors.
- Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Adhere to all Department of Health licensing.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1513