LOCATION: Norristown, PA, United States
Assistant Teacher – Norristown
We are currently seeking an Assistant Teacher for a part-time position (30 hours/week) working with 3-5 year old students in the Norristown, PA area. This position begins in August and continues through the school year with a daily schedule of Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-3:30pm. Eligible candidates must have a high school diploma or GED, and 6 months of related child care experience.
- Must have at least a High School Diploma (an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood or related field, a plus!)
- Must have 6 months of related child care experience
- Must have up-to-date PA Clearances.
- FBI Background Check, PA Criminal Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, Act 24, Act 168, TB Test and Physical
- Utilize direct-instruction programs and online learning systems.
- Take teacher direction, support student behavior by proactively responding to behavior, implementing behavior plans as directed, etc.
- Communicate effectively with students, professionals, parents, supervisors, administrators and school district personnel.
- Interact positively with students, professionals, parents, supervisors, administrators and school district personnel.
- Assist teacher with the preparation of daily lesson assignments, including the preparation of materials, correction of assignments, and record keeping.
- Implementation when needed of the principles of applied behavior analysis and taking of student data.
- Assist the teacher with the organization of the classroom, and the preparation of materials and bulletin boards which may include the lifting and manipulation of books or materials.
- Assist teacher with individual and group instruction by implementing activities designed by the teacher.
- Assist with additional responsibilities as assigned by the classroom teacher.
- Present a positive image of the Intermediate Unit, its programs and services.
- Working as a 1:1 assistant in the classroom as assigned.
Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1433