LOCATION: Montgomery County, PA, USA
We are currently seeking Assistant Teachers for full-time positions working with early intervention/school aged students throughout Montgomery County, PA. (Either Norristown, Souderton, or Limerick.) Eligible candidates must have at least a High School Diploma AND six months experience working with children, an Associates Degree, or 48 credits towards a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have at least a High School Diploma and six months experience working with children.
- OR an Associates Degree.
- OR 48 credits towards a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have up-to-date PA Clearances.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Facilitating student access to curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Provide children with a safe environment in which they can develop emotionally, physically, intellectually, and socially.
- Strive to promote a positive atmosphere where parents, staff, and children, interact with mutual respect and caring.
- Engage children responsively, demonstrating an understanding of the importance of trust and attachment.
- Assists in the implementation of positive approaches to guide behaviors toward the development of self-regulation and active involvement in learning in the classroom.
- Assist in implementation of individualized planning for children and participate in the daily documentation of children’s development and progress.
- Willing to accept responsibilities beyond regular classroom duties.
- Recognition and respect for diversity in development and learning.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.