LOCATION: Clawson, MI, United States
We are currently seeking an after-school Personal Care Assistant (PCA)/Paraprofessional to train school aged students in the game of Chess during an after-school program in and around Clawson, MI. Candidates do not necessarily need to have experience playing Chess, though this helps, but they must be open to learning and teaching it to students. The program runs from 2:45pm until 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, and will have between 4 and 16 students at a time.
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- Basic proficiency in Chess.
- Must have up-to-date clearances.
- Must be professional, dependable, and punctual.
- Should have charisma to develop and excellent, professional rapport with hot school principals, school staff, chess families, and chess students.
- Participate in the implementation of each student’s educational program as outlined in their IEPs and according to the schedule and routine of the classroom program.
- Act as a liaison in communicating with teachers and other intermediate unit or district staff about the ongoing needs of individual students.
- Provide advice and possible solutions to teacher and other support staff concerning classroom-related issues.
- Document information regarding the students, including needs, strengths, gains, and problems.
- Follow the behavior support plans as provided by the teacher or behavior support staff.
- Supervise and support students during eating activities, gym, outdoor recess, and field trips as needed.
- Provide support to students attending inclusive regular education classes, assisting with modifications as directed by the teachers.
- Oversee students while embarking and disembarking from school bus, as needed.
- Participate in meetings to develop and update IEPs and Evaluation Reports, as requested.
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.