LOCATION: Kansas City, MO, United States
After-School Chess Paraprofessional PCA
We are currently seeking an after-school Paraprofessional to train elementary school students in the game of Chess during an after-school program in the Kansas City, MO area. Candidates do not necessarily need to have experience playing Chess, though this helps, but they must be open to learning and teaching it to students. The program runs from 2:30pm until 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- Basic proficiency in Chess or willingness to learn.
- Must have up-to-date clearances.
- Must be professional, dependable, and punctual.
- Should have charisma to develop and excellent, professional rapport with school principals, school staff, chess families, and chess students.
- Teach classroom chess lessons.
- Supervise and support students during after-school program.
- Act as a liaison in communicating with teachers and other intermediate unit or district staff about the ongoing needs of individual students.
- Document information regarding the students, including needs, strengths, gains, and problems.
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.