LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to work full-time in a school in the Philadelphia, PA area. Candidates should have an Bachelor’s Degree with Education or related credits. Previous experience in an administrative position is preferred.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with Education or related credits (at minimum).
- Candidates with administrative experience are preferred.
- Must have up-to-date clearances.
- Understand ProCare, general billing, accounts payable, and basic technology
- Proficient typing ability and a friendly, efficient, and professional personality
- Willing to take direction and want to interact with children and families
- Level of high energy and a “can do” spirit
- Proven abilities with confidential information.
- Occasional coverage for classrooms
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the principal, vice principal and teaching staff as directed.
- Coordinate appropriate documents for communication with the district office.
- Maintain all record-keeping for students and staff.
- Maintain student and staff confidentiality in all circumstances.
- Track attendance and absences; use reporting software and generate reports for internal and external use.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of district and community officials.
- Manage multi-line phone systems and public address systems.
- Perform data entry.
- Perform general office duties such as answering telephone inquiries, filing, mail, spreadsheets, and journal entries on a daily basis.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Compose and typeset correspondence and newsletters.
- Prepare and circulate curriculum documents.
- Reconcile accounts.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings appointments, events, workshops, seminars and special events.
- Purchase departmental resources like materials, computers hardware, software and office equipment.
- Maintain records with a high degree of accuracy.