LOCATION: West Warwick, RI, United States 02893
3rd Shift – Licensed Practical Nurse LPN – West Warwick (RF: 1577)
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for a full-time position working 3rd shift with adults in assisted living in the West Warwick, RI area. The primary responsibilities will be administering medications to 6 residents and providing supervision to 2 CNAs on staff. There will be an RN on call 24 hours/day. Eligible candidates must have a valid Rhode Island LPN License, proof of education, and a recent background check.
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Rhode Island.
- Must have a recent background check.
- Provides quality nursing care to residents to maintain or attain the highest practical level of functioning
- Assesses residents for any decline of condition, signs of change in condition, weight loss, the decline in ambulation, change in ADLs, development of skin breakdown, etc.
- Notifies appropriate staff per facility protocol of the need for evaluation and informs staff on any changes in assessment when appropriate
- Administers medications and treatments to residents which include; monitoring the administration of intravenous fluids and placing orders for medication
- Confer with residents and families on any issues relating to care and services
- Make referrals to other departments when appropriate
- Complete employee and resident incident reports and complete follow-up investigation forms
- Maintain accountability for controlled substances by reviewing inventory medications with another licensed nurse and notifying supervisors of any discrepancies
- Supervise the CNAs and the unit clerk in regards to work procedures, expediting workflow, evaluations, counseling, and discipline
- Performs other related job duties as required
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1577